3 Drink Recipes Sure to Sweeten your Summer
With summer still in full swing, now is the best time to try some new, fruity drink recipes! Whether you are socially-distancing with a few friends out on the patio or treating yourself to a drink after a long day – these yummy drinks are sure to sweeten up your day. The best part is, these recipes can be easily altered to your serving size, or, you can even make a larger batch to put in the fridge and save for later!
Mimosas | 8 Servings
- 1 (750 ml) bottle chilled dry sparkling wine
- 3 cups (750 ml) chilled orange juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- Fill 8 champagne flutes 1/2 full with chilled sparkling wine. Top with orange juice.
Watermelon Margaritas | 4 Servings
- 1 small ripe watermelon (yields ~3-5 cups juice)
- 5 Tbsp lime juice
- 10 Tbsp silver tequila
- Pack a large blender full of cubed ripe watermelon (with or without seeds) and blend until you have a juice. One small watermelon should yield roughly 3-5 cups.
- To make margaritas, add 2.5 cups of watermelon juice, 5 tbsp of lime juice, 10 tbsp of tequila, and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Test your finished product! If necessary, add some of the leftover watermelon juice from your blender.
- 1/2 medium apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 medium orange (rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed // plus more for garnish)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (plus more to taste)
- 1/3 cup brandy (plus more to taste)
- 750 ml bottle dry Spanish red wine
- ~1 cup ice to chill
- Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a bit more brandy, orange juice, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).